[1st Nov - Kobe, Japan] On November 1st, ASICS launches the 22nd iteration of its top-of-the-range, neutral long-distance running shoe, the GEL-NIMBUS™ 22. A trusted training partner for runners’ all of abilities for over 20 years, the shoe incorporates human-centric science and advanced technology to provide long-distance runners with superior cushioning for the most comfortable ride in the series to date.
Designed for neutral runners, the shoe features ASICS’ advanced cushioning technologies – FLYTEFOAM™ Propel and FLYTEFOAM™ – resulting in a lighter, spring like feel.
Named after the Latin term for the Nimbus cloud formation, the ASICS collection has become synonymous for comfort, with each new release featuring new and improved technology to increase the benefits for runners. As the 22nd iteration, the GEL-NIMBUS™ 22 shoe is incorporating a variety of new features including;
· Improved Cushioning: The GEL-NIMBUS™ 22 shoe adds soft and bouncy FLYTEFOAM™ Propel midsole compared to version 21, for improved softness underfoot  . The midsole has been reconfigured with soft, bouncy FLYTEFOAM™ Propel midsole material, now positioned closer to the ground. This allows the midsole to compress more when the foot first hits the ground for a more responsive feel. There is also a larger section of GEL™ technology cushioning that wraps all the way around the sole for improved rearfoot impact protection.
· Increased Breathability: The new monofilament mesh upper material is softer and provides more ventilation  .
· Enhanced Fit: The shoe geometry becomes slightly wider and higher in the toe box than GEL-NIMBUS™ 21 model, allowing the foot to spread naturally.
ASICS Professional distance runner, Diane Nukuri says: “What I like about GEL-NIMBUS series is they have good cushioning and feel light on my feet. In 2018, I injured my Achilles. As soon as I put on my GEL-NIMBUS, I didn’t feel the pain anymore which allowed me to get back into training and racing – and my Achilles hasn’t bothered me since. The support and cushioning that I get with the GEL-NIMBUS series means I don’t have to worry about my feet being sore.’
Men’s GEL-NIMBUS™ 22
The GEL-NIMBUS™ 22 shoe will be available globally from November 1st at ASICS retail and online stores at 150 USD.
To learn more about ASICS, and the new GEL-NIMBUS ™ 22, please visit: asics.com or go to: ASICS GEL-NIMBUS™22
Notes to Editors:
GEL-NIMBUS™ 22 NEW AND IMPROVED FEATURES:
- New monofilament mesh material allows the upper to maintain durability and provides ventilation and a softer feel.
- FLYTEFOAM™ technology midsole material is lighter and more durable than traditional midsole foams. This is ASICS’ lightweight midsole material giving you a soft, supportive feel.
- FLYTEFOAM™ Propel technology delivers a bouncy, responsive feel underfoot.
- Forefoot and rearfoot GEL™ technology provides increased shock and impact absorption where you need it the most.
- Gender specific GUIDANCE TRUSSTIC™ technology is found under the arch of the shoe. This thermoplastic piece provides stability, reduces weight, and helps extend the life of the shoe. For women this piece provides added support in the direction of forward motion. In the men’s model, this piece provides added support toward the inside of the arch.
- I.G.S™ (IMPACT GUIDANCE SYSTEM) design philosophy links components such as GEL™ technology cushioning, GUIDANCE LINE™ and TRUSSTIC™ technologies together to enhance the foot’s natural gait from foot strike to toe-off.
- Light AHAR™ sponge rubber featured on the outsole to reduce wear and enhances cushioning.
- Super AHAR™ heel plug in areas of heavy wear to extend the life of the shoe by using higher-abrasion rubber.
 Cushioning loading rate shows improvement of approximately 22% in GEL-NIMBUS™ 22 measured against GEL-NIMBUS™ 21. Research conducted by ASICS Institute of Sport Science.
 Evaluation of ventilation in air chamber mechanical testing shows improvements in lateral side and in media side of over 50% in GEL-NIMBUS™ 22 measured against GEL-NIMBUS™ 21. Research conducted by ASICS Institute of Sport Science.