ASICS unveil the second iteration of the popular volleyball shoe – designed to help athletes jump higher and land softer.
- TWISTRUSS™ and FLYTEFOAM™ Propel technologies featured in the SKY ELITE™ FF 2 reduces power loss and increase the power force to help volleyball athletes to jump higher and land softer.
- The shoes will be worn by top professional players including Japan’s Masahiro Yanagida, Germany’s Louisa Lippmann and Filippo Lanza from Italy.
[31 MAY 2021 – KOBE, JAPAN] – Step up your volleyball game with the SKY ELITE™ FF 2 – designed to help you jump higher and elevate your next volleyball match.
Whether you are playing your most competitive match or just enjoying a casual session with friends and you’re reaching for a serve or a block – every advantage counts. It is with this in mind that the SKY ELITE FF 2 grants you the opportunity to participate and enjoy the benefits of playing sport.
Designed with the performance of top international volleyball athletes in mind, including ASICS Ambassadors Masahiro Yanagida, Louisa Lippmann and Filipo Lanza, every detail has been added to ensure the benefit of body and mind.
A special Sunrise Red colourway, which is a symbol of athletes’ hope, passion and dedication and celebrates the city of Tokyo is scheduled to be on sale this Summer as well.
ASICS’ founder Kihachiro Onitsuka believed that sport has the power to uplift spirits, project positivity and propel people forward. ASICS still believes this, and the technological advancements contained in the shoe that help lift your body and mind are a testament to this philosophy.
Hiroyuki Ichikawa from ASICS’ Footwear Design Team said, "The shoe was designed to inspire the wearers’ minds and imagine their performance on the court. For this particular shoe, it was designed with the spike motion in mind from the very first step to the landing. This inspired the curved heel for jump efficiency and difference in midsole thickness in different parts of the shoes."
Key technologies featured in the shoe:
· FLYTEFOAM™ Propel - balanced mix of impact absorption and responsiveness
· TWISTRUSS™ Technology – reduces power loss and helps increase the power force.
· Curved Heel Design - cut-in more smoothly and set yourself up for a more powerful jump.
· DYNAWRAP™ Technology - improves stability during side-to-side motions.
The SKY ELITE FF 2 is available at www.asics.com or leading volleyball retailers worldwide.
Follow @ASICSVolleyball for all ASICS’ latest volleyball updates. #SoundMindSoundBody